O que procura nos candidatos
Workplace Management Specialist at Checkout:
We are actively seeking a highly motivated and enthusiastic Workplace Management Specialist to take care of the smooth running and general happiness of our new Porto office. As our first Workplace hire in the region you will also be responsible for all office related matters in our growing Barcelona hub.
This role requires a ‘can-do’ attitude, always thinking two steps ahead. Passion and enthusiasm will be key, driving forward new processes and procedures as we scale.
This role also provides a great opportunity for progression and growth.
About the team:
The People Team’s mission is to help achieve Checkout potential through our greatest strength - our people. How do we make this happen? Through a progressive approach and passionate team that has the employee experience at its core.
The People Experience team is one of the five pillars of our People department – our mission is to enable our people by creating a seamless and connected experience inside and outside the workplace.
We are made up of five core sub-areas; Workplace Transformation, Workplace Management, Health & Safety, Internal Events and Wellbeing. This is a great opportunity to join a collaborative team and build a successful global company, together.
Que funções irão desempenhar
- 3+ years in a similar/comparable role
- Good understanding of building compliance and relevant legislation
- First Aid and Fire Warden certification preferable
- Ability to adapt to changing requirements seamlessly
- Highly organised with a key attention to detail
- Proactive and solutions focused
- Calm under pressure
- Proactive, always thinking one step ahead
- Used to working in a fast-paced environment
- Hands-on, always ready to roll up your sleeves and go the extra mile for the team
- Superb communication skills, ability to interact at all levels within the organisation
- Fluent in English, Portuguese and Spanish
What you will be doing:
- Being the first point of contact for all Workplace experience matters
- Providing a first class visitor experience
- Answering the phone professionally, taking messages and transferring calls
- Managing office supplies, vendors, catering, courier logistics, meeting room bookings and other operational tasks
- Supporting office relocation projects
- Conducting maintenance audits and organizing repairs
- Budget planning
- Administering office access passes and maintaining accuracy within our security database
- Managing first aid team, fire warden team and associated supplies
- Assisting the central Workplace team with ad-hoc projects
- Ensuring health and safety compliance across offices
- Coordinating office activities and events
Outros aspectos a referir
What we stand for
At Checkout, everything starts with our values, including the experience we offer our people.
We supercharge your professional growth with career development programs and leadership training. You can learn your way, with tailored pathways and online platforms. And be inspired at relevant conferences.
We don't stop at 'good' here. We strive for excellence amongst our teams every day and recognize colleagues who take it to the next level through our quarterly peer-nominated Hero awards.
We're proud of our global connections and inclusive environment. So we champion this through our colleague-led community groups and celebrate many cultural events together.
Want to see us in action?
More about Checkout
We empower businesses to adapt, innovate and thrive with the connected payments they deserve. Our technology makes payments seamless. We provide the fastest, most reliable payments in more than 150 currencies, with in-country acquiring, world-class fraud filters and reporting, through one API. And we can accept all major international credit and debit cards, as well as popular alternative and local payment methods. Checkout launched in 2012, and we now have a team of 1000 people across 17 international offices. To date, we’ve raised a total of $830 million, with our recent Series C valuing us at $15 billion.
We believe in equal opportunities
Checkout is an equal opportunities employer. We welcome applications from all members of society irrespective of age, sex, disability, sexual orientation, race, religion, or belief. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience, skills and personality. We believe that employing a diverse workforce is the right thing to do and is central to our success.