O que procura nos candidatos
We are passionate about what technology can do.
We want to continually improve our service, people and technology.
We are proud that our customers benefit from our knowledge and experience.
We are Claranet and if you share our beliefs, we are looking for you!
Because we aspire to do more and better, we are looking for an Web Systems Developer to integrate Claranet Group, based in Portugal (Remoto).
Your responsibilities include:
- Translate product vision and requirements into software design;
- Write clean, documented and maintainable code following best practices (unit testing, source control, continuous integration, automation, etc.);
- Design, test and document systems designed and built by CTG, sometimes in consultation with users, in accordance with agreed specifications;
- Collaborate with other developers, testers, and system engineers to ensure quality product enhancements;
- Add new features and integrations to our tools and interact with the European Claranet technical community;
- Contribute ideas for iterative improvements to code, best practice and Claranet technical culture;
- Propose new and innovative solutions to improve customer satisfaction and performance, decreasing systems complexity;
- Participate in the product design process, assessing feasibility and building proof of concept solutions;
- Analyzing complex infrastructure, processes and procedures;
- Documenting, mentoring and training operational teams to reduce escalations;
- Modifying existing systems in accordance with agreed specifications;
- Responding to escalations from operational teams for technical issues in a timely fashion.
You must have:
- Degree in Computer Science or Information Systems and / or a relevant experience in your industry showing career progression and increasing responsibility in line with a constantly expanding skill set;
- 1+ years of web application development experience, producing standards compliant HTML5, CSS and JS;
- 3+ years of experience working in a Linux/Unix environment;
- 3+ years of experience of writing software in either Perl and/or Python;
- Ability to produce reliable, user driven, well-tested, high-quality code;
- Experience in working with software revision control systems (preferably Git);
- Familiar with, or experience in systems driving continuous integration and continuous deployment (e.g. Jenkins);
- Experience implementing High Availability (HA) and distributed systems/platform design;
- Good understanding of modern computer networking, including IPv6;
- Good understanding of HTTP, DNS and SQL.
- Ability (and enthusiasm) in mentoring less experienced developers;
- Ability (and enthusiasm) to work with new technologies such as ElasticSearch, Docker, Vagrant, InfluxDB, etc;
- An active understanding and interest in the open source ecosystem;
- Opinions and willingness to implement good visual design where required;
- Interpersonal skills and an eagerness to iterate on user feedback;
- Virtualisation and / or containerisation experience including high availability, performance, monitoring and security;
- Excellent troubleshooting, analytical skills and attention to detail.
- Regular professional development;
- Health insurance, with family package;
- Office facilities for meals and snacks;
- Regular teambuilding programs;
- Friendly workplace.
Claranet, Helping our customers do amazing things!