O que procura nos candidatos
- Advanced proficiency in English i.e. full mastery of English across all 4 skills, IELTS band 7 or equivalent;
- Bachelor Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Computer Engineering, or related IT discipline or equivalent qualification or relevant experience;
Knowledge and experience:
- Previous experience in the design and development of web and mobile applications, specifically using LAMP stack and React/React Native;
- Relationship management with vendors and/or external development teams/contractors;
- System and data integration, transformation, monitoring, and systematic problem solving;
- Functional/technical implementation experience with product(s) in vendor systems;
- Strong communication skills and an ability to engage with multiple technical and non-technical stakeholders;
- Strong time management, organisation and accountability ethos;
- High level of adaptability, being able to flex product iteration to meet customer and market demands;
- Strong ability to collaborate with senior leadership to define business process issues, analyse operational effectiveness, implement creative solutions, and measure delivery results;
- Leadership: Experience of achieving outcomes and exceptional results through others, in particular virtual teams and those not in direct reporting lines;
- Strong organizational, project management, and leadership skills to prioritize, coordinate activities, manage conflicting needs, and deal with many issues at one time;
- Experience of establishing and managing successful partnerships;
- Experience of achieving business results through a globally dispersed team in a matrix environment.
- Strong understanding of Agile software development practices;
- Scrum Master certification (CSM);
- Previous experience with API integrations;
- Preferred experience and knowledge in backend database systems;
- Understanding of data privacy and GDPR regulations;
- Relationship Building and Stakeholder Management: experience of developing relationships, coaching and management of senior stakeholders at the highest levels inside an organization;
- High degree of cultural awareness and sensitivity and be able to adapt to needs and preferences of different nationalities.
Que funções irão desempenhar
The English and Exams Strategic Business Unit (E&E SBU) is one of three global strategic business units in the British Council. E&E supports the British Council mission by helping people around the world access the life-changing education and work opportunities that are created by learning English or gaining other valuable world-recognised UK qualifications and skills.
Covid-19 has escalated demand, accelerated the process, and strengthened the rationale for the development of online ELT products, to sit alongside an emerging portfolio of online products and services already reaching over 120m English learners and teachers annually.
Within E&E, English Online forms part of the Adult portfolio of online products, positioned as a premium, teacher-led and group classroom online offer.
Technical Product Owner, English Online will be accountable for the further technical development and global delivery of English Online enhancements and extensions.
- To drive the effective and efficient technical development of English Online working to defined customer and market needs, within managed budgets and timelines
- To ensure English Online meets required quality levels to deliver a premium offer to customers, maintains the British Council’s reputation for teaching excellence, and delivers value for money to the organisation
- To provide expert technical product leadership in coordinating, facilitating, motivating, and directing efforts of development teams from key business stakeholders including individuals from Engineering, Quality, IT and Customer Support
- Creates and owns a detailed technical product roll-out plan based on internal and customer-defined milestones;
- Ensures key business requirements are met including cost, quality, timing, and overall scope;
- Works with internal and external resources to ensure customer requirements, milestones, and timing align with agreed British Council processes;
- Defines, documents and plans technical development efforts with vendors, including the level of effort required for implementation and testing of MVP and full product features, installations, integrations, data sources and upgrades;
- Architects solutions for the product, working with the vendor’s technical teams;
- Completes configuration and scripting activities as needed;
- Develops comprehensive test plans and oversees complex build activities undertaken by the vendor;
- Participates in continuous improvement efforts, researches, recommends and initiates implementation of enhancements to products, processes, and programmes;
- Participates and leads, where appropriate, integration and deployment discussions and activities with the vendor and customer channels;
- Documents, tests, and troubleshoots application updates or changes;
- Conducts project management of technical components;
- Supports integrations with other global services and technologies, as well as integrations with partner resources and technologies.
Quais os benefícios oferecidos
Outros aspectos a referir
- Location: Portugal (Coimbra/Lisbon/Porto) or Poland (Cracow/Warsaw) or Germany (Berlin);
- Contract type: Fixed term employment contract;
- Job type: Full-time;
- Duration: 1 year;
- Pay band: Local pay band D/9.
The British Council is committed to a policy of equality and to valuing diversity and is keen to reflect the diversity of the societies in which we work at every level within the organisation. We welcome applications from all sections of the community. We aim to abide by and promote equality legislation by following both the letter and the spirit of it to avoid unjustified discrimination, recognising discrimination as a barrier to equality of opportunity, inclusion and human rights. All staff worldwide are required to ensure their behaviour is consistent with our policies.
The British Council has Disability Confident Employer Status. We offer a guaranteed interview scheme for disabled applicants who meet the essential criteria for the role. Applicants are encouraged to highlight any specific requirements or adjustments needed to enable participation in the recruitment process.
The British Council is committed to safeguarding children, young people and adults who we work with.
We believe that all children and adults everywhere in the world deserve to live in safe environments and have the right to be protected from all forms of abuse, maltreatment and exploitation as set out in article 19, UNCRC (United Nations Convention on the Rights of the Child) 1989.
Appointment to positions where there is direct involvement with vulnerable groups will be dependent on thorough checks being completed; these will include qualification checks, reference checks, identity & criminal record checks in line with legal requirements and with the British Council’s Safeguarding policies for Adults and Children.