O que procura nos candidatos
JM CATHALA Conseils, specialized in the recruitment of executives, senior executives and managers, in the agrifood and agricultural sectors, since 1988 in France and abroad, is recruiting for one of its Moroccan clients the future TECHNICAL MANAGER OF THE POTATO INDUSTRY M / F
Our client is a leading Agricole Group in Morocco (+ 5,000 hectares), a subsidiary of a Family Office, which produces and sells mainly to export a range of products renowned for their high quality (Citrus, Stone fruit, avocado, almond, potato, olive oil ... ). Its dynamic commercial development and regular land investments lead the Group to structure itself and professionalize its teams, from upstream in agriculture to the various markets. The Potato sector represents an important issue and is now recruiting its
TECHNICAL DIRECTOR OF THE POTATO INDUSTRY (M / F)
The sector technical manager has overall responsibility for the plots dedicated to potatoes (1000 ha today), from soil preparation to harvest and delivery to the processing site (frozen French fries). He is the guarantor of the good management of the personnel, the means of production and the quality of the products delivered to the internal customer.
Assisted by a dedicated team, the line technical manager has the following operational responsibilities:
- He supervises and coordinates all agricultural work (sowing, treatment, harvest).
- It develops the traceability of operations on crops according to the defined strategy in order to target the expected certifications.
- In close collaboration with its management (DG Pôle Agricole), it determines avenues for improvement, defines new varieties / genetics and cultivation techniques to be implemented according to the composition and quality of the soils, water resources and climatic variations.
- He participates in decisions relating to the investments to be made.
- He supervises all the work and pools resources if necessary.
- He is responsible for the application of quality and certification procedures (Global Gap, SMETA, BRC, etc.).
- He defines the production planning upstream and works with the downstream to plan shipments and supply the processing site.
The sector technical manager is responsible for the good management of personnel, means of production and product quality. He masters the best knowledge agronomic and technical market on the production of the potato. Watching over technical and agronomic developments in the sector, he is also a permanent source of proposals for the management.
Engineer in agriculture, agronomy or agricultural techniques, with proven experience in potato / tuber cultivation on large farms with outlets in supermarkets / industry / processing. Autonomy, taste for the field, strong operationality, excellent manager, exemplarity. . Knowledge of Arabic is a plus. (Non-exhaustive list).
Place of work: Casablanca or Larache or near one of the 2 cities.
Fluency in French & English. Arab is a plus.
Attractive salary conditions
Local contract or expatriation
Accommodation and vehicle