Lisboa, Porto, Coimbra
- Educação, Traducao / Linguas, Formação
British Council Portugal
The British Council is the United Kingdom's international organisation for cultural relations and educational opportunities.
The British Council is committed to a policy of equal opportunity and is keen to reflect the diversity of UK society at every level within the organisation.
We welcome applications from all sections of the community. We are committed to employing disabled people.
O que procura nos candidatos
Role Specific Knowledge & Experience:
- Language requirements;
- Full proficiency in English across all 4 skills, equivalent to CEFR C2/IELTS Band 8/9 in each of 4 sections of the academic module.
- Undergraduate degree (BA or equivalent/higher).Cambridge CELTA, Trinity CertTESOL or equivalent recognised entry-level qualification to teach English as a Foreign/Second Language. Applicants must hold a Portugese Visa.
- CELT-YL extension/TYLEC/PGCE in Primary/Secondary or equivalent. Recognised diploma in EFL i.e. Cambridge DELTA/Trinity DipTESOL.
Que funções irão desempenhar
- To promote and ensure quality teaching and effective learning of English;
- To support the wider aims of British Council and its cultural relations mission.
Main accountabilities but not limited to the following:
- Plan, prepare and deliver high quality English language teaching that meets the needs of different customer groups taking into account individual learning styles;
- Monitor progress and provide regular feedback to help manage students’ performance throughout the course, and actively promote learner autonomy;
- Contribute to the development, evaluation, and improvement of English language courses, materials and related services, in order to meet students’ needs by actively working as a member of the teaching team ;
- Complete teaching related administrative tasks to specified standards;
- Actively engage in professional development and performance management to ensure quality and high standards in teaching and learning, and maintain British Council’s position at the forefront of best ELT practices;
- Contribute to the development of lasting, mutually beneficial relationships by enhancing students’ understanding of contemporary UK;
- Support local marketing and promotional strategy, and assist the teaching centre team in delivering excellent customer service;
- Ensure safeguarding and guidelines are applied and upheld in line with standards and policy for the following areas:
- Child protection
- Equal Opportunity and Diversity
- Health and safety
- Bribery and Corruption
Quais os benefícios oferecidos
- Professional lesson resources and support;
- Fixed schedules with two consecutive days off each week.
Outros aspectos a referir
Other important features or requirements of the job
- Most teachers work a Tuesday to Saturday working week.
- Most classes take place afternoons and evenings during the week and Saturdays during the day.
- Teachers may be required to work in one or more centres in the city they are based in, but scheduling policy is to restrict teaching to one location only on any given day.
- Schedules are subject to change periodically, but advance notice is given.
- Part-time teachers are required to make themselves available to teach at least the monthly number of hours specified in their contract according to the schedule given.
- Should operational needs require, teacher may be asked to carry out teaching-related non-teaching tasks in lieu of teaching (e.g. developing teaching materials, administrative tasks etc.) as part of their scheduled hours.
- Part-time teachers may be offered more hours of teaching than in their core contract. If they accept, they will be paid additionally for these hours.
- All teachers are required to contribute quality lesson materials as part of the shared planning scheme.
- You will receive leave at the rate of 35 working days per calendar year.
- In addition, you will have local public holidays as determined by the British Council.
- The British Council holds a local medical scheme policy for all locally contracted staff. All locally contracted staff are entitled to sign up for the scheme without having to make any contribution towards its cost.
- Contracts and working terms and conditions are governed by Portuguese law.
Outras oportunidades de emprego - British Council Portugal