O que procura nos candidatos
Are you enthusiastic about inspiring projects? Would you like to be part of a growing industry that really matters in providing sustainable energy solutions globally? Then we have the opportunity for you!
Power Solutions > Product Solutions & Integration > Product Functions Technical Management
The group Product Functions works on behalf of the product owner with the responsible of developing and maintaining relevant strategies, requirements, technologies and concepts of our wind turbines within dedicated areas.
We are strengthening the Safety Team in Product Functions that you will be joining. This team is responsible for ensuring that products are designed for safe working conditions, safe evacuation and escape, fire prevention measures, electrical safety and fulfilling of the Machinery directive and other relevant safety standards. We are involved in new turbine development as well as maintenance and optimization of the existing fleet.
- M.Sc/B.Sc. or similar engineering degree within Energy Systems, Electrical or Mechanical Engineering
- 2+ Years' experience working within Safety or relevant experience within Energy Systems
- Experience within Occupational Safety, Fire Engineering, Electrical Safety or Functional Safety Engineering is a big plus
- Knowledge in Relevant standards and legislation within Occupational Safety eg. Machinery Directive is a big plus
- Willing to take up technical leadership within the area including willingness and interest in handling stakeholders across a variety of departments
- Eager to share knowledge through direct interaction or written guidelines
- Structured and focused with ability to reach out to relevant stakeholders across departments and value chain
- Perform interpretation of relevant design standards and communicate to relevant stakeholders
- Develop and maintain state of art knowledge about eg. safety of machinery, in relation to access, evacuation, rescue and ergonomics
- Good English communication - verbally and in writing
Que funções irão desempenhar
- In this role you will:
- Support continuous development of the Safety area to ensure that compliance to safety requirements are most effectively included in our future products
- Support translation of legal and company standards and regulations into product requirements within areas of Occupational Safety, Access and Evacuation, Escape & Rescue including Fire and Electrical safety aspects
- Provide advice in relation to issue handling and suggest possible mitigations
- Be accountable for design verification procedures at product level
- Provide input and guidance to design verification procedure on module, and component level
- Be updated on external standards and legislation within the area
Quais os benefícios oferecidos
What we offer
We offer an exciting job with good opportunities for professional and personal development in an inspiring environment as part of a global wind turbine manufacturer. You will become part of a highly professional environment with a broad interface and work closely with colleagues from all parts and levels of the organization. We value initiative and willingness to take ownership.
Outros aspectos a referir
Location for this position can be either at our office in Portugal or in Denmark.
This position requires you to travel approximately 5-10 days per year.
Applications are handled on an ongoing basis, so please apply online as soon as possible, no later than 26th November.
Vestas is proud to be the energy industry's global partner on sustainable energy solutions. We design, manufacture, install, and service wind turbines across the globe, and we have installed more wind power than anyone else.
Vestas strives to be the most inclusive workplace in the sustainable energy industry and ensure equal opportunities for everyone regardless of the social identity. We are stronger as a company not despite our differences, but because of them, both professionally and personally. Beyond a diverse workforce, we want to ensure that all of our employees are included and actively contributing to Vestas' success and innovation. Only then can we become the global leader in sustainable energy solutions and ensure sustainability in everything we do.
At Vestas, we offer global opportunities for people with growth mindsets and the desire to make a shared and positive impact. We work in the true spirit of our corporate values: accountability, simplicity, collaboration, and passion. We expect everyone to live up to these in their day to day work - no matter what you do and where you are in the organisation.