• Handle the daily operational and customer service related tasks under your scope, supporting the team and acting as back-up for colleagues as agreed.
• Interaction with carriers
• Ensure that all customers are being served professionally and efficiently at all times in accordance with global and local procedures.
• Ensure a positive and constructive engagement with internal as well as external contacts and counterparts
• Respect the general responsibilities of a Maersk Logistics / Damco employee
• Receive bookings from the customer and check the completeness and correctness of the information
• Ensure timely and correct booking acceptance and confirmation to the customer or his shipper
• Send pre-advices to Damco in Valencia, as required, ensuring a smooth coordination between both offices in order to accomplish client requirements.
• Arrange carrier bookings in accordance with the agreed carrier allocation and with reference to the correct customer information and service contract numbers
• Arrange release of empty equipment and cargo collection as required, and coordinate between the customer and the supplier
• Coordinate with the customer/shipper to ensure timely cargo and documentation readiness in connection with cargo pick-up, gate-in, customs clearance and other export requirements
• Send shipping instructions to carriers and prepare, verify and release the required transport documents (Forwarder’s Cargo Receipt, House BL and/or Carrier BL)
• Ensure that transport documents are not released to the customer until the customer has paid the outstanding charges or is within the agreed credit limit
• Collect documents and forward to destination, if required as part of agreed document management service
• Inform the customer in a pro-active manner of vessel delays or other exceptions that may occur and impact the otherwise informed departure schedule
• Update, where necessary, client’s systems accurately and following their requirements.
• Check accuracy of documentation based on clients standards and business requirements
We are looking for
- Fluency in Portuguese and English is a must. - The position requires excellent written and verbal communication skills and the ability to communicate effectively in a diverse multicultural environment. - Proficient in Microsoft Office applications and other technical software - Strong customer focus and ability to empathize - Dynamic and proactive personality - Work organization skills - Problem solving skills - Ability to work in an SLAs and KPIs driven, dynamic environment - Ability to cope well when under pressure - An open mind and positive mindset
- A complex role with little routine servicing a high-profile client from a lifestyle/retail industry
- Significant independence in managing one's own agenda provided that service is delivered to a satisfactory level
- Attractive salary and benefits to match the successful candidate's skills and experience
- Local and global development prospects for high-performing individuals.
Maersk Line is the world’s largest container shipping company, known for reliable, flexible and eco-efficient services. We operate 610 container vessels and provide ocean transportation in all parts of the world. But not only do we power some of the world’s largest ships – we also propel the growth ambitions of businesses and individuals all over our planet. Every day our 7,000 seafarers and 25,000 land-based employees at 374 offices share their expertise with our customers around the world to optimize their supply chains, maximize their distribution networks and most of all realize their business potential. We are devoted to creating simple and reliable solutions for our partners, continuously lifting industry standards and enabling global trade in the most sustainable manner possible. What we do is more than shipping. We deliver promises. Promises from customers and businesses all over the world. Your promise. Delivered.