O que procura nos candidatos
Candidates with experience in the development of time series analysis and
machine learning methods and knowledge in explainable artificial intelligence
are preferred. Interest in health or industry applications will be valued.
Previous working experience on relevant areas will be highly regarded. The
candidate must be able to work autonomously and show excellent English
Academic Master’s degree or equivalent academic qualifications (or
equivalent second cycle complete) in the area of Biomedical Engineering,
Informatics Engineering and Computer Science or similar.
- Excellent programming skills (Python preferred);
- Experience in time series analysis;
- Scientific knowledge in machine learning
framework(s) (sklearn, TensorFlow, Keras, PyTorch);
- Experience in explainable artificial intelligence
will be valued;
- Proficiency in English both spoken and written.
than 6 months of professional experience or research experience in R&D
Que funções irão desempenhar
Job Description and Responsibilities:
The candidate will perform research activities within the Intelligent
Systems group, namely in the area of Time Series Analysis. It is expected the
candidate to contribute for the innovation area of decentralized health
technology and accountable Artificial Intelligence, namely for the Motion portfolio
candidate will work on the following tasks:
- Research and develop time series processing
algorithms for human behaviour analysis;
- Research and implement machine learning / deep
learning models for time series segmentation and classification (e.g., activity
- Investigate and develop methods suitable to
explain and support the decisions;
- Deploy the developed models in mobile
applications or embed in edge devices;
- Write deliverables and contribute to research
Quais os benefícios oferecidos
What we offer:
- Excellent work conditions;
- Being part of the team of one of the most
renown applied R&D institutions of the world;
- Adequate salary (depending on the academic
degree and professional experience);
- Private health insurance plan.
Outros aspectos a referir
Applications are permanently open until the ideal candidate is selected.
A first “cut-off” to evaluate applications day will occur on the 17th of
The selected candidate is expected to start working in February 2021.
Applications must contain:
- CV – mandatory;
- Motivation Letter – mandatory;
- Recommendation Letters are optional but also