O que procura nos candidatos
Would it motivate you to have a direct impact on how well turbines performance? Do you want to make sure that Vestas is home of the Next Generation Nacelle Structure?
We are looking for a new Lead Engineer to our team in Power Solutions. Join us and support us solve one of the most important global issues of our time - ensuring a more sustainable future.
Power Solutions > Aerodynamic & Mechanical > Modularized Nacelle
Vestas Power Solutions is the cornerstone of Vestas. Through innovation, development and continuous product improvement we develop the products and technologies that reduce the cost of energy and bring the highest possible value to our customers and to Vestas. To put it short: Vestas Power Solutions develops the wind power systems of the future.
Modularized Nacelle is a part of the Vestas Power Solutions, and we have sites in Denmark, Porto and Chennai. The department is responsible for the design and integrity of the Next Generation Nacelle structure.
For this role, you can expect the following responsibilities:
- Perform design and development of composite components
- Develop innovate solutions and new technologies to enable more cost-efficient turbines
- Define and design interfaces to other systems
- Design specifications/requirements from high level specification down to building block, alongside design functionality with value chain perspective
- Design performance and reliability including lifetime estimates of the design based on data, alongside risk and safety associated to the design
- Cooperate with experts in other engineering disciplines, such as structures, electrical, loads and control
- We also expect that you act as a role model and it's natural for you to share knowledge, as well as taking ownership of own career and competence development.
- Minimum Master's degree in engineering or equivalent with 3 years of work experience, experience within the wind industry will be seen as a bonus
- Solid theoretical knowledge in structural engineering and design of composite components
- Skilled in structural analysis using FE tools, for example Ansys
- A good understanding of static and dynamic behaviour of mechanical structures
- Experience with Systems Engineering and wind turbine design and 3rd party certification will be seen as advantageous
- Fluent in English to a proficient level
- Have experience with Scrum project management
We expect that you:
- Have a good understanding of Systems Engineering and risk assessment tools (DFMEA, PFMEA, process mapping etc.)
- Experience executing of feasibility studies
- Good understanding of Design for Manufacturing/ Assembly/ Service concepts
- Understand value chain development in collaboration with sourcing, quality, transport, service and construction
- Have good communication skills and a strategic understanding of the company with interest in stakeholder management including coordination, planning and reporting
- Achieve goals as part of a team and that it comes naturally for you to collaborate, share knowledge, understand and respect your colleagues
- Are innovative and committed to promoting the development in Wind Turbine technology through complex engineering problems and a creative approach to new tasks
What we offer
- In our team you can expect to find a working culture that is friendly and informal, but with clear direction. We place a significant emphasis on co-operation, transparency and a healthy work/life balance. We take pride in each-other and, as such, you can expect to work with very qualified colleagues in an inspiring work environment.
- As part of a global, established organization, we also offer opportunities to grow and develop, both professionally and personally.
- You will be offered an attractive compensation package based on your qualifications and the demands of this position.
- Last, but not least, we offer the opportunity to be part of the solution to one of the most important global threats of our time - ensuring that our future is based on sustainable, clean energy.
- Your primary work location will be Vestas office in Aarhus, Denmark or Porto, Portugal.
- You can expect 10-20 days of travel per year.
- The application deadline is 20.05.2022, so do not wait with yours. We treat all of the applications confidentially.
Vestas is the energy industry's global partner on sustainable energy solutions. We are specialised in designing, manufacturing, installing, and servicing wind turbines, both onshore and offshore.
Across the globe, we have installed more wind power than anyone else. We consider ourselves pioneers within the industry, as we continuously aim to design new solutions and technologies to create a more sustainable future for all of us. With more than 145 GW of wind power installed worldwide and 40+ years of experience in wind energy, we have an unmatched track record demonstrating our expertise within the field.
With 29,000 employees globally, we are a diverse team united by a common goal: to power the solution - today, tomorrow, and far into the future.
Vestas promotes a diverse workforce which embraces all social identities and is free of any discrimination. We commit to create and sustain an environment that acknowledges and harvests different experiences, skills, and perspectives. We also aim to give everyone equal access to opportunity.