O que procura nos candidatos
- A Bachelor degree in the related field (A Master's degree in inclusive education will be an advantage);
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in teacher training at pre-primary, primary and/or secunday education level;
- Proven knowledge and skills in active learning, child-centered and inclusive methodologies and special needs education;
- Proven experience in developing, implementing and coordinating inclusive education projects/programmes;
- Advisory, communication and networking skills;
- Experience in using the technology;
- Good command of both spoken and written Portuguese (or Spanish/French/Italian) and English.
Que funções irão desempenhar
- You will support local education providers and community leaders with implementing inclusive education practices for people with disabilities and ensuring accessibility of quality education for all girls at the age of 15 - 19;
- You’ll develop contextually relevant training materials and teaching aids to promote inclusive teaching;
- You’ll provide support to school teachers to utilize learning centres for the delivery inclusive teaching practices;
- You’ll promote assessment for learning;
- You’ll conduct/encourage action research to assess how disadvantaged children are marginalized;
- You will awareness raising and dissemination workshops on inclusive practices, supervisors, education leaders, and community members;
- You will work as a team with other VSO volunteers and staff to monitor, evaluate and report to the program office the activities, outputs, outcomes and impacts on a quarterly basis in line with monitoring and evaluation system set up for the project;
- You’ll Develop guidelines for school supervision , monitoring and evaluation of the project.
Quais os benefícios oferecidos
Before you go:
- Medical cover;
- Immunisations (if required / depending on where you live);
- Flights to placement country (if required / depending on where you live).
- A basic living allowance;
- Minimum of 3 weeks annual leave;
- In-country support;
- Work visas (if required / depending on where you live).
Outros aspectos a referir
In the last 60 years, we have worked in over 90 countries and supported over 50 million people. We’ve gone from being a UK charity to a truly global development organisation. Our vision has remained the same: create a fair world for everyone.
Statement about VSO programming and novel coronavirus (COVID-19)
At a time of global crisis, we here at VSO hope you and your loved ones are staying safe and well. The world-wide nature of the emergency underlines just how inter-connected we are and how much we all rely on the support of others to get through what is an unparalleled situation.
The novel coronavirus pandemic will have unimaginable consequences for the communities we work with. We are responding as quickly as we can to review every programme, talk to every volunteer, and follow the advice of national governments.
The wellbeing of the communities we work in, the volunteers, staff and our partners, are our highest priority.
As education, health and livelihood systems are disrupted, we will be urgently assessing how best our unique approach to development can best support the most marginalised. Our experience using local volunteers to strengthen communities and health systems in Sierra Leone during the Ebola pandemic, or in Mozambique following Cyclone Idai, will be invaluable.
Our dedicated international medical and security teams are closely monitoring the situation, including national government and international travel advice, and will act swiftly to ensure the wellbeing of all.
This is a uniquely challenging and uncertain time for individuals, organisations and communities, but we will not ignore our responsibility to the most marginalised.
I’d like to take this opportunity to thank you for any support you can offer VSO, especially during this worrying time. The current crisis is set to have a huge impact on communities that can least afford it. This means our work, and your support, is more important than ever.
I wish you, your family and friends, the very best of health.
Chief Executive Officer, VSO.