The purpose of this role is to support multiple Nielsen proprietary applications by troubleshooting software, hardware, and communication issues. Individuals in this role are expected to actively participate in beginner & intermediate training courses, product-related meetings, communicating pertinent information to appropriate stakeholders, escalating issues promptly and effectively, maintaining and updating documents within our case management tool.
- Using designated case management tools, respond to and resolve reported issues referencing Knowledgebase documentation to provide world-class technical support for external as well as internal clients.
- Probe to collect accurate and useful details that will facilitate triage to resolution and ensure appropriate information is recorded in a designated case management tool.
- Respond to inquiries promptly, with empathy, using established department guidelines.
- Assume remote control over client users computers when necessary to resolve problems.
- Demonstrate appropriate and professional business & customer handling etiquettes.
- Provide follow up to ensure issues have been resolved or questions have been answered.
- Effectively utilize established escalation procedures in a professional and prompt manner.
- Actively participate in training sessions and apply the concepts learned. Accept and implement learnings provided by Technology Support Specialist team
- Provide feedback on existing resolution Knowledge documentation, work with Technology Support Specialists to ensure documentation is revised as necessary.
- Create documentation, when requested, to be incorporated into a knowledge base tool.
- Keep management apprised of significant customer concerns & feedback.
- Deliver ideas, concerns, and suggestions to promote process and quality improvements.
- Fluency in English and French.
- Excellent communication skills: written, oral and presentation.
- Fast learner with technical aptitude with an inquisitive mind to learn new technologies independently.
- Positive customer service attitude and skills that demonstrate appropriate empathy.
- Excellent probing, listening and feedback skills.
- Ability to resolve issues using technical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to function independently as well as within a team structure.
- Make accurate and reasonable commitments to both internal and external clients that are attainable.
- Able to work collaboratively with internal and external teams.
- Bachelor's, technical degree or equivalent experience.
The job has global coverage and may require occasional availability to travel.
We’re in tune with what the world is watching, buying, and everything in between. If you can think of it, we’re measuring it. We sift through the small stuff and piece together big pictures to provide a comprehensive understanding of what’s happening now and what’s coming next for our clients. Today’s data is tomorrow’s marketplace revelation.
We like to be in the middle of the action. That’s why you can find us at work in over 100 countries. From global industry leaders to small businesses, consumer goods to media companies, we work with them all. We’re bringing in data 24/7 and the possibilities are endless. See what’s next with us at Nielsen: careers.nielsen.com
This is an exciting and dynamic client-facing opportunity to work in the Nielsen Global Client Helpline team providing technical & instructional support for Nielsen clients.