FRAUD OPERATIONS MANAGER
Our client is looking for a Fraud Operations Manager to lead the operation of our Fraud & Security team in our Malta office that positions PPB as a market leader in the online & security space.
Reporting directly to the Head of Fraud Operations, the Fraud Operations Manager will have 2 direct reports with overall responsibility for 30+ staff across offices.
The Fraud Operations Manager will have strong subject matter expertise in the area of Fraud and Customer Verification, have the customer at the heart of all that they do and be passionate about driving efficiency and innovation, stretching the function to be best in class amongst our competitors.
• Along with our Fraud Operations Manager (Dublin) , Responsibility for the successful operation of the Customer Fraud & Security teams in our Malta/Dublin offices including the management of our chargeback, fraud, promotion abuse, and customer verification risks.
• Manage, lead and motivate the Fraud Team to deliver high performance.
• Along with our Fraud Operations Manager (Dublin) , work closely with the Fraud Operations Team Leads/Shift Leads to ensure daily readiness to maximise team performance
• In the short term (2018), work collaboratively within the Fraud Management Team ensure that the PPB operational transition occurs on time with seamless impact to customers and no unplanned risk exposures.
• Accountable for the monitoring, delivery and reporting of KPIs across Fraud Operations to maximise team performance and effectiveness.
• Use of our analytical capabilities to allow for the resolution of operational issues and suggested modifications to achieve our KPIs.
• Working closely with the Head of Fraud Operations and Fraud Operations Manager (Dublin), to ensure the successful implementation and execution of the Fraud and Customer Verification strategy for the PPB Fraud team.
• Manage the implementation of new process and product releases to ensure team operational readiness.
• Collaborate with wider Fraud Teams including Fraud Innovation, Chargebacks, and Performance Analytics Teams to engage with key stakeholders both internal and external to the business to minimise fraud losses within the business’s risk appetite whilst maintaining excellent customer service.
• Support the harmonisation of the processes of security teams to take advantage of best-in-class approaches and technology.
• Assisting the Fraud Management team in evaluating new technologies and threats, making recommendations to mitigate fraud losses as well as helping identify and evaluate new tools and solutions.
• Identify at least one strong successor and develop this individual’s skills via coaching and expansions of experience and responsibility
• Training & Staff development. Identify high performers and work with them to achieve their goals, including internal moves/promotions. Identify underperformers and work on PDP plans to get them back on track, and identify others that need to stretch their abilities. Be accountable for fostering a culture of respect, change and learning amongst the teams
• Ensuring the delivery of agreed FY 2018 efficiency and service targets.
COMPETENCIES & SKILLS
The successful candidate is likely to possess:
• Commercially Savvy: Keeps up to date with current and future trends and business developments; uses this knowledge to shape and guide decisions and actions to positively impact business drivers; provides insight on the business and industry, exploring and discussing the potential implications of change
• Hungry for Results: Drives self and others to excel and raise the bar on performance; maintains a high level of personal and collective energy to achieve results that are aligned and contribute to functional performance and strategy, consistently delivers exceptional results and is undeterred by challenging circumstances
• Passionate about Punters: Builds and maintains effective working relationships with customers; gains insight and stays attuned to current and emerging customer needs; uses customer insights to build and identify creative and improved solutions; holds self and others accountable for delivering services that exceed customer expectations
• Big Thinker: Balances strategic objectives with day to day activities; drives efforts and initiatives which will have the greatest strategic impact; considers and explores scenarios and possibilities to help the team and/or organisation prepare and succeed in the future
• Grows Talent: Places a high priority on the development of others and continuous learning; provides constructive feedback and real time coaching to support others development; recommends and facilitates activities and assignments that support others development; where relevant identifies successors and ensures they are ready for key roles
Essential Skills and Experience
• A fraud/ financial crime professional that has extensive demonstrable experience of fraud management ideally in a gaming, financial service or insurance environment.
• Strong understanding of the drivers of security and fraud within an online business.
• A leader who can demonstrate their ability to motivate staff and to strike the correct balance between the provision of excellent customer service and fraud containment.
• Highly developed communication skills and an ability to build and maintain working relationships with the wider business.
• Numerate with an analytical mind.
• Ability to manage senior stakeholders in pressure situations to deliver results to tight deadlines.
• Demonstrable experience of driving efficiency (including cost, use of technology, etc.) whilst delivering a “best in class” customer experience
• Powerful influencing and problem solving skills with proven track record.
• Strong commercial acumen with a history of adding value across the wider business and a track record of developing flexible solutions in fraud and risk to changing business needs.
Desirable Skills and Experience
• Fraud project management experience.
• A full understanding of key legislation, regulatory bodies and best practice deployed within the fraud specialism.
• Bachelor’s degree in a business or technology discipline.