To work within a team of highly experienced customer supporting engineers, with full responsibility for resolving customer faults and problems occurring on Colt’s Optical and Ethernet products and services. This includes end-to-end ownership, co-ordination and management of tasks assigned to other teams and network partners.
Role specific requirements Experience
- Proactively monitor, troubleshoot, diagnose and resolve faults across a pan European MPLS Infrastructure and a range of IP services according to product SLAs, up to 2nd Level Support.
- Knowledge or experience with interfacing into Optical and Ethernet-based Networks would be advantageous.
- Participate in a 24/7 shift pattern.
- Have full knowledge of customers bespoke networks and services.
- Providing a professional interface to customers, acting as a Single Point of Contact for all their issues.
- Build and maintain working relationships with key interconnect partners and vendors .
- Manage and coordinate tasks assigned to other teams, such as Field Maintenance or Technical Assistance Centre.
- Maintain a clear and accurate record of events throughout a fault duration utilising Colt’s Remedy based Fault Management System and provide regular updates as and when required.
- Resolve or escalate faults as appropriate, according to product SLAs.
- Technical report generation for customer RFO/RCA requests.
- Technically manage software upgrades in co-ordination with vendor and Colt teams involved.
Direct experience in Layer 3 Services and Technologies, including, but not limited to the following:
- Excellent understanding of IP Fundamentals and various Protocols, including OSPF, ISIS, EIGRP, RIP and BGP.
- Working experience with implementing, diagnosing and troubleshooting IP Access, MPLS and Multicast VPN solutions across a pan European network.
- Excellent knowledge of LAN (Ethernet) based products.
- Experience in working with global providers, NOC and Field operators for technical issues.
- A logical approach to fault finding and troubleshooting.
- Ability to control and co-ordinate complex technical situations in a calm and professional manner.
- Excellent customer facing skills, dealing with specialist requests regarding Overall Solutions and not limited to a single Technology.
- Customer focused and able to communicate effectively skills with all required parties including internal/external network partners and customers.
- Must be able to speak & write fluent in English.
- Knowledge of CCNP, CCSP, CCNA, etc.
- Exposure to vendor specific Transmission training and technologies.
- Experience with ITIL.
- Willing to participate in the 24/7 shift rotation.
As well as our competitive salaries and incentive plans, we have lots of flexible benefits and local rewards packages. We also know that a work life balance is important, and our people say it’s one of the great advantages of working at Colt.
Inclusion is at the heart of our culture here at Colt. From day one, you'll be encouraged to be yourself as we believe that’s what helps our people to thrive. We welcome people with diverse backgrounds and experiences, regardless of their gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, race, religion, disability, neurodiversity, age, marital status, pregnancy status or place of birth.
Please speak with a member of our recruitment team if you require adjustments to our recruitment process to support you.
For more information about our Inclusion and Diversity agenda and activities.
At Colt, we provide world-class network and voice connectivity across Europe, Asia and North America’s largest business hubs. We’ve been specialists in our field for nearly three decades - and we've won awards for being a technology innovator and pioneer. We go above and beyond to deliver extraordinary connections to help our customers succeed, and we have the industry leading net promoter score (NPS) to prove it.