Our client is considered to be Europe’s fastest growing telecoms provider, owning and operating Europe’s most advanced and densely connected voice and data network. It delivers intelligent, customer-controlled network services to a diverse range of businesses including mobile operators, service providers and enterprise customers. Unencumbered by debt, and with established operations throughout mainland Europe and North America, the company also owns and operates dense city networks throughout Europe’s major business centres.
This role is key in the company strategy for process and product automation, cost efficiency and removing systematically admin, engineering, delivery and provisioning workload in order to take best benefit from human capability to complex tasks and keep pushing for improvement.
Automation is a company wide area, currently spread over multiple executing teams. This role will serve several needs across technologies not only to automate workloads specific to technologies, but as well integrated automation between technologies and across multiple departments.
- The team is based in Prague, but working with teams across various location in Europe
- The team is responsible for the delivery and maintenance of various projects serving a big variety of end users
- Provide strategic insight on how to deliver sustainable automation solutions, ensuring the end user drivers are taken into account when recommending and driving technology changes.
- Ensuring the engagement with other business application owners when proposing solutions including multiple technologies and products requiring an overarching technical owner and strategist
- The candidate must have strong technical knowledge in order to understand how to combine company application solutions to end users requirements and environments.
- Responsible for maintaining core platform and ensure that documentation is created and maintained.
- Perform on-going performance tuning and resource optimization as required on the core platform.
- Adheres to company security policies and report incidents to the appropriate operations functions.
- Create and maintain platform documentation to comply with company ITIL approach and support several certifications the company has like ISO 27001, ISO 2000, PCI DSS and BSI.
- Work on assigned tasks and projects as directed by management.
- Minimum 5+ years working within the automation / software development area and 3+ years as software architect using the majority of the following skills:
o API based integrations
o A natural drive to learn new technologies where needed.
Other skills are good to have like:
- Windows (various flavors)
- Linux (Redhat), other Linux version experience considered an advantage
- IP Networking
- DNS, Email, webportals, remote access
- Understand about ITIL or similar process methods is an advantage